Thursday 19 November 2015

Day 19 - Fears

Day 19 - Five Fears that you Have

Everyone has fears to a certain extent. I'm thankful that I don't battle fear on a daily basis like some people do!

Some fears I have or have struggled with in the past.....

I used to struggle with a fear of Nathan dying, because of my dad dying when I was young.  Experience taught me that life was not guaranteed and I was fearful of the same thing happening to me.  Thankfully, with God's help, I was able to release that fear to Him.  I know that Nathan's life is not guaranteed, but I do know that God is sovereign and that nothing will happen that hasn't first passed through His hand, and that He works everything for good for those that love Him.  Now, that doesn't mean that everything that happens is good, but that He is good and that He can work through anything, even bad things, to bring about good whether in this life or in eternity.  Bad things may happen, but if/when they do, Jesus will never leave me or forsake me, and He will walk me through it, carrying me when necessary.  And I have faith in the hope of heaven.

As a parent it is easy to struggle with fear for your kids - that they won't make right choices (particularly with huge ones like whether or not to trust Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, and who to marry).  Again, all we can do is teach them right from wrong; being open, honest, transparent, and intentional - and pray, pray, pray!

To completely change gears.....
As a kid I was scared of grasshoppers.  And moths.  And crickets.  Snakes. Thunderstorms.  Tornadoes (still a little scary).  Pretty much anything outdoors. :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails