Wednesday 15 October 2014

Book Review: Treasury of Bible Stories by Kelly Pulley

About the book: Children ages 4-8 will be delighted by these rhyming Bible stories pairing spiritual truths with playful illustrations.
Featuring lyrical stories full of lighthearted moments, this colorful collection of Magnificent Tales is perfect for reading out loud. As families read these stories night after night, they will make memories together while learning about the Bible.

My Thoughts: I love Bibles, especially children's Bibles.  We have several and The Jesus Storybook Bible is likely my favourite, but this one is quickly becoming a close second.  

The first time I read this to my 6 yr old son and 9 yr old daughter, I literally read over 100 pages and they still weren't done - but my voice was!

It's difficult to rhyme, nevermind rhyme with accurate theology, but this storybook Bible pulls it off.  There's even a list of animals from a-z in the creation story which I thought was a tremendous feat on it's own, but even more so with the rhyming verses.  

The artwork is completely engaging and fun as well.

This Storybook Bible will be well used in this household, that's for sure!

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for organizing this tour and providing me with my complimentary review copy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails