Thursday 31 October 2013

Book Review: Glittering Promises by Lisa T Bergren

About the book: Lisa T. Bergren's popular Grand Tour series concludes as Cora Kensington journeys farther into Italy, wrestles with a terrible ultimatum from her father, and comes to terms with the Father who will never fail her.

America's newest heiress must decide if her potential fortune is rationale enough to give up her freedom and all that God is leading her toward. And when her newly-discovered siblings are threatened with ruin, her quandary deepens. Then as Cora nears Rome, more journalists are tracking the news story of the decade---"Copper Cora," the rags-to-riches girl---and want to know more about her family and the men vying for her attention. Meanwhile, a charming Italian countess decides that if Cora isn't going to claim Will's heart, she might just
try . . .

My Thoughts:  Once again, I was blown away by the quality of Bergren's writing, and by my intense longing to visit Europe, and in particular, Italy.  This was the 3rd and final book in the Grand Tour series (I previously reviewed Glamorous Illusions and Grave Consquences).

It was wonderful to have Cora's story wrapped up in such fitting style.  Occasionally the books do seem to bog down - when you write 3 books that cover only one summer, it would be difficult not to - but, overall, I really enjoyed all the different twists to this storyline.  I did suspect the ending before I read it, but wasn't sure.  It was interesting watching the love triangle change slightly, and thought it was good medicine for Cora to get a taste of what Will had been going through with the Pierre situation.

I think I'm going to have to check out our church library to see if they have any other works by Bergren!


Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for organizing this tour and providing me with my complimentary review copy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails