Tuesday 13 November 2012

Honouring those who fight for us - on earth & in the heavenlies

This is a little late for Remembrance Day but I thought this post by a blogger named Carla Anne, was so meaningful, so poignant and so rich that I just had to share it.

Here's a small quote from the post - you can read the rest here.


I hope to stand in front of Jesus, like the Petty Officer Lawrence McAllister stood in front of the officials today, and receive my reward. I may not fight on the front lines for my country, or fly fighter jets, or serve as a medic. But I want to be a soldier who fights, who goes to battle, for my own freedoms and the freedoms of those around me.
I want to be, like Mr. McAllister, a soldier who fights, and maybe who dies, so that others might live. I’ll fight on my knees. I’ll fight in the heavenlies. I want to fight to know Jesus so closely that others will know his presence when they are with me.



1 comment:

Carla Anne Coroy said...

Thank you for sharing this post, Tammy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails