Thursday 14 October 2010

Homemade Microwave Popcorn

My friend Sandy posted a very delicious sounding recipe on Facebook today - homemade microwave popcorn!

I haven't tried it yet, but it certainly promises to be amazing. The kids often have microwave popcorn as nightsnack when babysitters are over, but this is easy enough for me to teach the kids how to do it. Super cheap and definitely healthier than the bought variety. Thanks Sandy!!

Homemade Microwave Popcorn
1/4 to 1/3 cup popcorn kernels (unpopped, obviously)
1 - 2 tbsp oil
paper lunch bag
spices or flavourings to taste

Put popcorn kernels and oil in the paper lunch bag. Fold the open end of the bag 2 or 3 times and tape shut (or secure with tooth pick). Microwave for approximately 3 mins (popcorn setting on microwave would likely work). Open, season to taste and enjoy! You could also experiment with different types of oil - canola oil, coconut oil, olive oil. Hmmmmmm. The possibilities are endless!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I Will have to give it a try some time :)

Erin said...

I just added the supply/ingredient list to my grocery list!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails