Tuesday 9 June 2009

Waffle white sauce recipe

As requested, here is the recipe for waffle white sauce. This is excellent served over waffles or pancakes with virtually any type of fruit - I prefer strawberries!

2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
2 cups milk

Beat the eggs and sugar, stir in vanilla. Turn on heat to medium, add butter and stir till butter melts. In a measuring cup (or the Tupperware Quick Shake - perfect for no lumps for all gravies!!) whisk cornstarch into milk. Whisk into egg mixture. Heat till boiling so it thickens, stirring continuously (or the milk burns onto bottom of pan). Serve warm over waffles and fruit. Hmmm, delicious!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

:D Thanks Tammy!!!

I will definitely try it as Hannah is allergic to corn syrup and I am always looking for sauces or dips that don't have CS in them. I'll let you know how mine goes...hopefully it will be better then your attempt!!

Tammy said...

Hee hee. I HAVE made white sauce successfully before, so I know it can be done :)

Pamela said...

Mmmmm!

fireman said...

thank you for the recipe...my mom used to make it all the time but I never paid attention to how she made it. Tastes just like the old days! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails